Anyone who has traveled with International Expeditions will tell you that our guides absolutely make their journey! We're thrilled to help you get to know Galapagos Islands guide and naturalist Cristina Rivadeneira.
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be? A dolphin. I would be able to be in my favorite environment, the ocean, and enjoy its freedom.
2. What is the most interesting place you have ever visited? Mmm, quite difficult to choose, I would say Botswana. I went to the Okavango Delta as part of an exchange program. It was my dream to see Africa and it's amazing wildlife. Among the places close to the sea, snorkeling and diving in the Galapagos would always be on top of my list.
3. What book are you reading right now? El penúltimo sueño by Angela Becerra
4. Is there a past vacation or place you’ve visited that got you “hooked” on travel? I came to the Galapagos on a school trip when I was 11 and had just finished primary school — I'm from Quito, Ecuador originally and this was my first trip to the islands. Since then I fell in love with traveling., and have been to Europe, North America, Africa and all across Central and South America.
5. Where to next? So many places to see, I hope Patagonia. Indonesia, Australia and New Zealand are also in my wish list.
Meet Cristina's fellow Galapagos Islands naturalist guide and IE expedition leader Boli Sanchez as he answers six questions.