International Expeditions is thrilled to introduce our new custom-designed Amazon riverboat, La Estrella Amazonica. Every facet of IE’s new riverboat – from concept to construction – reflects our 33 years of expertise in Amazon travel. Aboard this custom-designed riverboat you enjoy access to the deepest reaches of the Peruvian Amazon without sacrificing comfort.
Space is limited to no more than 31 guests. Don’t miss your opportunity to join us as you discover new additions to the Amazon cruise, including the river’s largest observation deck and kayaking excursions.
- Enjoy the passing scenery from our open-air Bar and Sun Deck.
- Enjoy daily discussions by our naturalists in the air-conditioned Lecture Room — equipped with a 55-inch LCD TV, home theater system, movies and small library — while relaxing on comfy sofas.
- Stay in shape on vacation by taking advantage of the ship’s on-board Fitness Room with stair climbers, stationary bikes and weights.
- Our Dining Room will be finished in classic riverboat style with gracious wooden floors and large windows. Tables seating 6-8 guests each allow you to get to know fellow travelers and guides while sampling local delicacies and international favorites.
- Fully equipped, modern commercial kitchen prepares dishes using fresh, local ingredients.
- Generous air-conditioned cabins are approx. 220 sq. ft. and furnished with either one king-size bed or two beds, two nightstands and a desk. Plus, cabins offer private bath, a closet with ample storage, hair dryer and three 220 volt outlets, as well as two convertors and a surge protector power strip with USB connections.
- Guest cabins feature a private balcony with two chairs to enjoy relaxing views.
- All indoor public areas are air-conditioned.
- Four cabins on each deck can easily be converted to create two adjoining suites — ideal for families.
- Guides’ reception with complimentary wine, soda, Peruvian cocktail and beer onboard daily.
- Covered, open-air bar stocks cold bottled water, sodas and local beer.
- For excursions, board two 18-passenger excursion boats accompanied by knowledgeable local naturalists.
- Ship built following SOLAS and MARPOL international guidelines, and will exceed Peruvian safety standards.
- International environmental standards are guiding all ship system designs and operations, making this the most environmentally responsible boat on the Amazon.
La Estrella Amazonica
- Passengers: 31
- Ship’s Registry: Peru
- Length: 139 ft.
- Width: 30 ft.
- Solo Cabin: 175 sq. ft.
- Double Cabin: 217 sq. ft.
- Suite/Triple Cabin: 261 sq. ft.
- Dining Room: 1,000 sq. ft.
- Lecture Room: 765 sq. ft.
- Fitness Room: 162 sq. ft.