- About IE
- Our Expeditions
- Africa & the Middle East
- Asia & the Pacific
- Central & South America
- Amazon River Cruises
- Argentina & Chile: Wine & Wildlife
- Machu Picchu & Cusco
- Amazon Riverboat & Rainforest Lodge
- Brazil's Pantanal
- Costa Rica
- Sample Itinerary
- Galapagos Islands
- Expedition Map
- Southern Peru
- Northern Peru
- Peru Rainforest Lodges
- Costa Rica Family
- Argentina: Wine, Culture & Cuisine
- Custom Panama Family Tour
- Ecuador Andes & Amazon
- Inca Discovery
- Patagonia: Pumas, Penguins & Whales
- Panama Cruise
- Dates & Rates
- Chile: Birds of Central Chile
- Brazil: Atlantic Rainforest
- Brazil: Southern Pantanal
- Chile: Birds of Northern Chile
- Chile: Birds of Patagonia
- Patagonia Voyage
- Brazil: Iguazu Falls National Park
- Chiloe Island
- Brazil Jaguars Rainforest & Falls
- Ecuador Active Andes
- Inca Trail Trek
- Peru Southern Highlands
- Costa Rica Adventure
- Custom Nicaragua
- Ecuador Amazon
- Finch Bay Galapagos
- North America & Caribbean
- Custom Options
- Travel Specials
- Prepare for Your Trip
- Travel Agents
- Contact Us
What's included in the price of IE’s Costa Rica tour?
- Wildlife excursions on land & by boat
- Choice of horseback riding, white-water rafting, canopy zip line & more in Sarapiquí
- Tour of local coffee farm
- Arenal Hanging Bridge excursion
- Daily rainforest walks
- Swimming in natural pools & hot springs
- Traditional dinner with Doña Mireya
- Flight to Tortuguero
- Visits to two Butterfly Gardens
- Guided tours & enriching lectures by Master Naturalists
- Nightly briefings on history, wildlife & conservation
- 22 meals
- Tips to porters & to waiters for included meals
- Bottled water on transfers
- All entrance fees
- Transfers on group arrival & departure dates
What visas are required for Costa Rica travel?
There are no visas required for U.S. or Canadian citizens to enter Costa Rica.
What vaccinations are required for Costa Rica travel?
No immunizations are required for entry into Costa Rica from the U.S. or for re-entry into the U.S.
How long are the flights?
Miami to San José: 2 hours and 55 minutes (meal service not always available – take a snack)
Dallas to San José: 4 hours
San José to Tortuguero: 35 minutes
What kind of weather can you expect on my Costa Rica tour?
Temperature in Costa Rica varies little from season to season and the main influencing factor is altitude. San José, at 5,085 feet, has a climate that the locals refer to as the "eternal spring." Lows average a mild 59°F year round while highs are a pleasant 79°F. The coasts are much hotter with the Caribbean averaging 70°F at night and over 86°F during the day; the Pacific is 4-6°F warmer.
What are the luggage restrictions on IE’s Costa Rica tour?
Luggage weight is restricted to one checked bag weighing no more than 40 lbs. per person for the flight to Tortuguero. That bag may not exceed 50 inches (length + width + height)..