- About IE
- Our Expeditions
- Africa & the Middle East
- Asia & the Pacific
- Central & South America
- Amazon River Cruises
- Machu Picchu & Cusco
- Amazon Riverboat & Rainforest Lodge
- Brazil's Pantanal
- Costa Rica
- Galapagos Islands
- Southern Peru
- Northern Peru
- Chile Photo Expedition
- Amazon Land Adventure
- Peru Rainforest Lodges
- Costa Rica Family
- Guyana & Trinidad
- Inca Trail Trek
- Peru Southern Highlands
- Costa Rica Adventure
- Custom Nicaragua
- Ecuador Amazon
- Finch Bay Galapagos
- North America & Caribbean
- NEW for 2014
- Special Departures
- Travel Specials
- Prepare for Your Trip
- Travel Agents
- Contact Us
What's included in the price of IE’s Costa Rica tour?
- Wildlife excursions on land & by boat
- Choice of horseback riding, white-water rafting, canopy zip line & more in Sarapiquí
- Tour of local coffee farm
- Arenal Hanging Bridge excursion
- Daily rainforest walks
- Swimming in natural pools & hot springs
- Traditional dinner with Doña Mireya
- Flight to Tortuguero
- Visits to two Butterfly Gardens
- Guided tours & enriching lectures by Master Naturalists
- Nightly briefings on history, wildlife & conservation
- 22 meals
- Tips to porters & to waiters for included meals
- Bottled water on transfers
- All entrance fees
- Transfers on group arrival & departure dates
What visas are required for Costa Rica travel?
There are no visas required for U.S. or Canadian citizens to enter Costa Rica.
What vaccinations are required for Costa Rica travel?
No immunizations are required for entry into Costa Rica from the U.S. or for re-entry into the U.S.
How long are the flights?
Miami to San José: 2 hours and 55 minutes (meal service not always available – take a snack)
Dallas to San José: 4 hours
San José to Tortuguero: 35 minutes
What kind of weather can you expect on my Costa Rica tour?
Temperature in Costa Rica varies little from season to season and the main influencing factor is altitude. San José, at 5,085 feet, has a climate that the locals refer to as the "eternal spring." Lows average a mild 59°F year round while highs are a pleasant 79°F. The coasts are much hotter with the Caribbean averaging 70°F at night and over 86°F during the day; the Pacific is 4-6°F warmer.
What are the luggage restrictions on IE’s Costa Rica tour?
Travel light! We will be flying from San Jose to Tortuguero, and the luggage limit on that flight is one 25-pound suitcase and one 10-pound carry-on per person. Your carry-on bag cannot exceed 33 linear inches (L+W+H) and your checked suitcase or duffel bag cannot exceed 50 linear inches (L+W+H) per person. Any excess baggage charges are at your own expense and must be paid in advance. Laundry service is available at the hotels at an additional expense.