Guests who take our Galapagos Islands cruises first fly to Guayaquil (pronounced "why-a-keel"), Ecuador, where our Galapagos tour begins. We always stay at Hotel Oro Verde, where there are four restaurants, but for those who want to explore Guayaquil's dining spots, there are plenty to be found. Here is a local-favorite Guayaquil restaurant list recommended by our knowledgeable Expedition Leader.
Are you familiar with Guayaquil? If you have any restaurants you'd like to pass on, leave us your comments below.
- BLU Mediterranean Cuisine / Formal Attire Phone: 288-4954 Víctor Emilio Estrada 701 y Ficus, Monday-Friday (lunch & dinner) Saturday (dinner) Lunch - 12:30pm-4:00pm Dinner - 7:00pm-Midnight Prices starting at $25 per person
- EL PATACON Ecuadorian Cuisine / Casual Attire Av. Las Monjas y Calle Cuarta en Urdesa Daily 7:00pm-Midnight Phone: 288-0566
- LA RIVIERA Italian Cuisine / Semi-Formal Attire Víctor Emilio Estrada E.707 y Ficus Daily 12:30pm-Midnight Phone: 288-8298/3790 Prices starting at $10 per person
- TRATTORIA DE ENRICO Italian Cuisine / Semi-Formal Attire Bálsamos 504 y Las Monjas Daily 12:30pm-3:30pm & 7:30pm-11:30pm Phone: 238-7079
- CARACOL AZUL Seafood / Formal Attire 9 de Octubre y Los Ríos, esquina Monday-Saturday lunch & dinner Lunch - Noon-3:30pm Dinner - 7:00pm-Midnight Phone: 228-0461 Prices starting at $20 per person
- AROMA CAFÉ Ecuadorean Cuisine / Casual Attire Malecon y Padre Aguirre Open daily for lunch & dinner
- ANDERSON Gourmet Beef & Seafood / Formal Attire Víctor Emilio Estrada 505 entre Ébanos y Av. Las Monjas. Monday-Saturday 12Noon-Midnight Phone: 288-0690
- RED CRAB Primera, Guayaquil 0904, Ecuador Open daily for lunch & dinner Prices from $5-$10 per person